Add-ons are a great way to bill the member for something that is additional to their membership. This could be something recurring like a sit-stand desk that you’d bill for every month or something that happens one time like photo copies.
Creating an Add-on:
- From the dashboard, navigate to Manage Members > Add-ons.
- Choose the New Add-on button at the top of the page.
- Create a Name for your add-on.
- Add a Cost; if you leave it blank, the add-on will be free.
- Choose Taxes, if applicable.
- Check the Recurring box if this add-on will bill on a recurring basis (such as every month).
- Enter the number of Occurrences, which is the total number of times the add-on will bill or leave blank to continue to bill indefinitely.
- Check the Enabled box if this add-on is currently available. Un-check if this add-on is no longer available. If un-checked, it will still be billed to any member that has the add-on applied.
- Create a Description of the add-on.
- Choose the Membership Types that will apply to this add-on.
- Click the Create Add-on button to save.
Managing an Add-on:
- Members can only apply Add-ons at the time they sign up.
- Managers can always apply Add-ons to the membership from the Edit Member page; add-ons cannot be retroactively applied on the member's front end.
- Add-ons remain available to members who had the add-ons before the add-on was updated to not be "Enabled".
- When add-ons are created by owners/managers after members have signed up for a membership type, only registering members will see the newly applied add-ons. Similarly, previously existing members will not be able to select newly created add-on from their view.
- The space owner/manager is able to administratively apply the add-ons for individual member(s) via Manage Members > Member List , and select Edit for the member > select the add-on(s).
- If an add-on price is changed, recurring add-ons will continue to be billed at the previous rate (grandfathered in). Non-recurring add-ons will see the new price immediately.
- When an add-on is added to a membership the current state of the add-on settings is applied. If changes are made to the add-on settings those are only applied when it is chosen/applied to a membership at a later date.
A recommended option for add-ons created post-Membership Type creation/assignment: Administrators can create a new Membership Type with the new add-ons and request existing members change their membership (which would then allow for Add-On selection). This would result in more membership types (and control who has access to which add-ons), while still putting the power/ability in the member’s hands.