Manual Vs. Instant Bank Account Verification
This document applies to: Coworking & Workplace
If a member wants to add a bank account, to their account they will need to do so themselves by navigating to their avatar drop-down menu on the right side of the page when they login > Payment Sources > Hover over the arrow next to Add Bank Account and select Add Manually or Add Instantly.
- If the member uses their online bank account, verification for ACH will be instant.
- If the member didn't use their online bank account:
- Have the member check the bank account for deposits, which will take 1-2 business days to appear. The statement description for these deposits will be AMTS: and then the values of the two micro-deposits that were sent.
- Navigate back to Settings > Payment Source.
- Have the member select Verify next to the bank account.
- Enter the deposits as whole numbers and press “Verify”. Example: If the deposit amount was 32 cents ($0.32) then you should enter the number '32'.
- *Please Note: The member is allowed 3 attempts to enter the correct deposit amounts. After the 3rd attempt the payment source is deleted and they will have to restart the process.
- Once the bank account is added and verified successfully, the payment source will have a YES in the Verified column.
Whitelisting Stripe for ACH Payments
Sometimes a bank will place an ACH debit block an an account for various reasons. When this happens, your member will need to call the bank and white list Stripe in order for us to debit payments from the bank account. The ACH company ID number they'll give to the bank is 1800948598.