RADIUS integration with your existing hardware (BETA)
This document applies to: Coworking & Workplace
Have existing hardware that you don't want to replace? Proximity offers a solution, currently in beta, that will integrate with most existing commercial or enterprise-grade hardware. RADIUS is a proven technology that will add enterprise-level encryption and allow your members to connect to your network with the same credentials used to log into their Proximity account using 802.1X authentication. Additional parameters can be set to provision devices to specific VLANs or apply additional firewall rules.
Temporary credentials will be created allowing guests on the network during resource reservations. These temporary credentials will be displayed on the Room View app when enabled.
For traveling users, the use of the SSID "Proximity Network" is recommended on your WPA2 Enterprise network. This clearly sets expectations that users will be using Proximity credentials for authentication to this network.
Our radius servers issue basic Access-Accept and Reject based on the membership status of the user for your space.
Up and coming features:
- Configuration of VLAN assignments via Radius Attributes is available per Membership, however a UI does not exist for this configuration at this time. Support is limited to special use cases where testing is in place.
- Mac Based authentication for IoT networks where WPA2-Enterprise network configurations is a challenge, or where switch port authentication via Mac Address is preferred.
Note: Proximity currently doesn't offer an efficient way to onboard new members with the RADIUS integration. We suggest a "Guest" type network with a rotating PSK password for onboarding new members.
Steps to enable and configure this integration:
- Proximity requires you have an IT professional with access to your existing access points or router.
- Your space must have a static public IP address for RADIUS integration.
- CLICK HERE to request access to the RADIUS beta program
- Once Proximity determines that you are a candidate for our beta program we will issue you a "Secret" to use in your configuration.
- Visit this article for a configuration example.
- No UI is currently available and support is limited to special use cases where testing is in place.