Google Calendar Integration
Integrating calendars for reservable resources with the Google calendar is a powerful way to coordinate when resources are being used and view them from one calendar.
Configure Google Calendar
Navigate to your Google Calendar.
- Click the 3 dots on the left-hand side that says Add other calendars.
- Select Create new calendar.
- Add the name of your reservable resource. Example: Upstairs conference room.
- Select Create calendar.
- Create a calendar for each reservable resource that you would like to sync.
- Please note: You must create individual calendars for each resource.
Configure Proximity Integration Settings
From the dashboard, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Google Calendar tab.
- Click Connect next to Google and select the account that has the new reservable resource calendars.
- Once you have connected your Google account, navigate to Manage Reservations > Reservable Resources.
- Select your resource and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Next to Linked Google Calendar, select the correct calendar.
- Make sure that everything on your reservable resource calendars looks correct before doing this step. Why you ask? Well, if you have a doctor's appointment showing on one of your reservable resource calendars, you probably don't want that showing up on your Proximity resource calendar for everyone to see.
Repeat steps 1-4 to connect each Reservable Resource in Proximity to each Google calendar.
- Existing reservations should sync immediately, after connecting; new reservations take around 5 minutes to sync.
- Recurring Google events do not sync to Proximity. You will need to create a recurring reservation on Proximity.
- Recurring reservations made in Proximity will sync on the current month. The following month's recurring reservation will sync on the 1st.
- Blocking time off through Google Calendar will not charge members nor subtract any monthly free time from their accounts. It simply blocks off available time on the reservable resource within Proximity. The best and primary way to make reservations is through the web or mobile Proximity app.