Help, my doors are offline!
Troubleshooting an Offline Door:
The first step is to make sure your controller has access to the internet and has power running to it. Even if your internet is working, the controller may have lost connection. If your door controller has physical access to the internet, you should see a green light (link light) flashing next to the ethernet port. If you don't see this light follow these steps. After each step, wait a few minutes and check to see if the doors come back online.
- Unplug the controller from power for 30 seconds and plug it back in.
- Still having issues?
- Make sure the other end of the ethernet cable is plugged in to the switch or router.
- Next, check to make sure the ethernet cable is working. Test this by plugging the ethernet cable into another device *carefully*. (We say carefully because the ethernet port on the controller is fragile.) Note: This device can be a laptop. Just make sure the Wifi is turned off.
- Still having issues? This may be a wiring issue. Check out how to troubleshoot common wiring issues here.
- If you're still experiencing issues after running through these troubleshooting items, please contact Support with an "Urgent Issue."
Checking to See if a Door is Online:
To check to see if the doors have come back online, navigate to Manage Doors > Manage and check out the "Last Seen" column. Our system should see the controller several times per minute so if it's been longer than a minute or two, you may still have an issue. Note: There will be a red hazard sign next to the controller that says it may be offline.
Last update Aug 30, 2021 at 2:55pm