Use this setting to group your Reservable Resources into categories like Conference Rooms, Event Space, or sort the resources by floor or area. By grouping your resources into categories, you can also give your members a pool of free time to be shared across the category instead of giving free time per resource.
- From the dashboard, navigate to Manage Reservations > Categories.
- Select the New Resource Category button.
- Create a name for your Category. For example: Conference Rooms, Event Space, Childcare, or Tours.
- Enter the singular form of the Category name. Example: Conference Room.
- If you'd like to give your members a pool of free time across a category, click Share free time among all resources in this category? This creates a bucket of time that can be used to reserve any resource in this category.
- This will override any per-resource free time you have set. If this box is checked, it applies to all membership types, including Community Members.
- Add the number of minutes you’d like shared between these resources.
- Once pooled free time is set, you can adjust free time per membership by clicking on Membership Parameters. It’s likely you’ll want to adjust the amount of free time for Community Members.