Shared memberships provide an easy way to allow two or more members to access a space for one membership fee. For example, many coworking spaces allow members in an office to give access to their employees at no additional charge.
How Shared Memberships Work
- A shared membership includes one 'parent' member and a certain number of 'additional' members.
- The 'parent' member is the member that pays for the membership and any resource reservations. Additional members do not receive a bill and cannot be custom charged.
- Space Managers can set a limit on how many additional members can be included in a member's shared membership, but that limit can be exceeded by the Manager.
- Additional members use the monthly free time and the payment source of the parent membership when making resource reservations.
Setting Up a Shared Membership Type
- To create a shared membership type, use your dashboard and go to Manage Members > Membership Types and select a membership type or create a new one.
- Check the box that says Allow this membership to be shared with multiple members?
- Enter the maximum number of additional members that you want to allow.
Adding Shared Members
- Use your dashboard and go to Manage Members > Member List. Edit the member you want to add additional memberships to.
- If the member does not have a Shared Membership Type, change their membership type and save the changes.
- Click the tab that says "Shared Members."
- Type the email address of a shared member into the field and click the "Add" button.
Upgrading a Shared Membership
- If a member wants to upgrade their shared membership, the new membership must have the capability to be shared. All members will be carried over to the new upgraded membership.