Room View App
This document applies to: Coworking & Workplace
The Room View app lets your members and visitors easily check in to conference rooms, see guest WiFi information, end their reservation early, or extend their reservation without leaving the room. Room View is included with the price of every Proximity subscription.
Room View for iOS
- Room View can be used with iOS devices that run on iOS 12 or later.
- Click here to find Room View
Room View for Android
- Room View can be used with Android devices that run on 7.0 and up.
- Click here to find Room View for Android in the Google Play Store.
About the Room View App:
- When you first launch the Room View app login with your owner or manager email and password for Proximity
- There are two different views on the Room View app -- internal and external; each view serves a unique purpose.
- As a manager, you can switch the view (internal/external) by tapping once on the screen and clicking the gear icon in the lower right-hand corner.
- Remember to set your passcode on your Room View settings screen. This will help you prevent members from changing things they shouldn’t have access to.
- Click here to assign the SSID for your resources - None, Static, RADIUS, or Meraki
The Internal View would be used on a device that sits inside the resource (example: sitting on a conference room table)
This is the view showing the meeting details and guest wifi information (helpful for members to verify they are in the correct room):
- By viewing meeting details, your members will be able to see:
- Which conference room they are in (more useful than you think)
- When their reservation begins and when it ends
- The WiFi network name and password
- The time! (also more useful than you may think)
- Perhaps most importantly, attendees will receive verbal reminders to check in and when their reservation is ending
This is the view to Require member check-in:
- The check-in process allows members to indicate that they are actually present for their reservation. This can be helpful to make sure that your resources don’t appear empty and unavailable.
- You can set your Reservable Resources to require Check-In.
- This is optional, and if you activate this setting, reservations will be canceled automatically if they have not checked in within the first 15 minutes of the scheduled reservation.
- To enable this option in Workplace, go to your dashboard and navigate to Manage Resources > Workspaces and edit the appropriate resource by clicking on its name or "Edit" next to the resource name. Tab over to "Settings" and toggle "Abandoned Reservation Protection"
This is the view showing the 5-minute countdown (helpful to keep things on track)
This is the view showing that the Reservable Resource is free to "use now" (helpful for squatters to reserve the room on demand):
The view showing End Meeting Early allows members to cancel their event early if they are finished with the conference room. Members do not get a refund or free time back for ending early. The system will bring up a warning making this clear.
The view showing Extend meeting time allows members to extend their reservation "in the moment" and will bill them appropriately (as long as there are no existing reservations immediately after).
The External View would be used on a device that is placed outside of the resource (example: mounted outside of the conference room door)
This is the view showing the Reservable Resource schedule and room availability:
- By viewing the Reservable Resource schedule, members can also make local reservations "on demand"
- Members can press the “use now” button to make a free 15, 30 or 60-minute reservation - say if they need to pop in to make a phone call.
- It will show up on the reservation calendar as a “Local Reservation” while the reservation is active. The Use Now reservation does disappear after the reservation is over. The manager can view the calendar on the dashboard and check a box to view previous local reservations.
- This can be edited or turned off in Settings > General.
This is the view showing a meeting is in progress:
PowerBX ASTRO Display
NOW AVAILABLE IN THE Proximity STORE
Create Smart Spaces to Support Hybrid Work with the ASTRO All-In-One Room Display
A fresh take on integrated room scheduling systems, designed to meet the versatile needs of enterprise use. ASTRO makes managing your spaces easy from installation to the user interface. The ASTRO All-In-One Kiosk can be custom provisioned with Room View pre-installed prior to shipment.
- Touch screen
- LED Visibility on Room Availability
- Integrated Power over Ethernet
- Quick & Easy Installation
- Enterprise-grade Security
- Wall & Glass Mounting Options
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) or 12v/1.5a Power Options
To purchase, navigate to the Order tab in your dashboard.
Help! Room View is no longer working
Earlier versions of Room View have reached End Of Life and will no longer communicate with the server. Please be sure you are running the latest version by checking for updates in Google Play or Apple App Store