Creating and Managing Punch Pass Subscriptions
Punch pass subscriptions are great for limiting visits per membership type - say you have a monthly membership type that only receives 10 visits to the space per month. Using the punch pass subscription option, you can easily track and manage the visits the members has at the space and their access to the space. They are also great for members who want to consistently refill their punches. Follow this link for more information on punch passes.
Just like with any membership, if you are wanting to add a punch pass subscription to a member's account, you will need to create a new membership.
Creating a punch pass subscription membership:
- Navigate to Manage Members > Membership Types > New Membership Type.
- Select Punch Pass under What kind of membership is this?
- Choose the punch duration (typically set for 1 day.)
- If this membership type has a limited amount of members that can have this membership type, select This membership type has limited inventory and add the amount of members that can have this membership type.
- Auto Refill Monthly: Select No if this membership will not be monthly, recurring. Select Optional if you want the member to choose if it will be monthly, recurring at sign-up. Select Required if this membership will be a monthly, recurring membership.
- If Optional or Required is selected choose the refill type.
- Top Off: Each month, the member's account will receive enough punches to get back to their original purchase amount. This will vary each month, unless punches are set to expire after 1 month. If punches are set to expire after 1 month, the punches will first expire, then the punches will be topped off. This essentially would work exactly as "Re-buy" but because the punches expire each month, the member will always start the month with the same amount of punches and will never exceed the maximum set.
- Re-buy: Each month the member's account will receive the same amount of punches as they originally bought. Note: This could exceed the amount of maximum punches set by the membership type.
- Under Punch Options choose the minimum and maximum amount of punches a member can purchase and the price per punch.
- Select the expiration for punches.
- Fill out the rest of the new membership type information as you normally would.
- Select Create Membership.
You will be able to tell you've done this correctly by navigating to Membership Types and looking at the Length of Membership column. It will say the duration of the punch and have Renewing Punch Pass next to it in gray.
Adding a punch pass subscription to a member's account administratively:
- Navigate to Manage Members > Member List > Select the member.
- Under Punch Pass Subscription, select Add Subscription.
- From here, you'll be able to choose from the punch pass subscription memberships you've created.
- Choose the amount of punches to top-off at and the refill date for the punches.
- The member will not be charged and punches will not be added until the refill date.
Note: The system currently does not support a member having two monthly memberships. If you add a punch pass subscription to a member's account that has a monthly membership, it will not change their membership. If the member uses a punch after the membership is added, it will change their membership to punch pass for the duration of the punch, then the member will be downgraded to a Community Member.
A great option if you want the member to have a monthly membership (such as a monthly mail service) and a punch pass subscription would be to have the member as a Community Member, create an add-on for the mail service, and apply the monthly punch pass subscription.