Customize the Proximity Platform to match the needs of your space. Set your legal agreements and emergency settings.
From the dashboard, navigate to Settings > General
- If you'd like space managers to be able to see revenue within reports and your dashboard, check the box that says Allow managers to see revenue? Note: managers will always be able to see individual invoices.
- If you'd like members to be able to cancel their memberships on their own, select the box that says Allow members to cancel on their own? If this is disabled, members will need to contact a space manager to cancel their membership.
- If you’d like your members to be able to create private resource bookings, which will display as “Private Event", check the box to Allow members to create private resource bookings? (Managers can still see details.) Note: This does not apply to Events on the Proximity Platform.
- If you'd like to enable a donation page for your space, select the box that says Enable donation page.
- You can choose to show this page in your navigation by checking the box or share the link individually.
- The link will be your proximity site/donate.
- If you'd like to bill your members all on the same day of the month, you can select the box that says Consolidate Billing and choose the day of the month from the drop-down menu. Note: This will not affect current members. You will need to go in and individually change their billing dates if you want them to match. Any new member that signs up for a membership, will pay a prorated amount for the rest of the month and their billing cycle will begin on the day of the month you choose.
- If you'd like members to choose a date in the future to start their membership, select the box that says Allow members to choose a date in the future to start their memberships when signing up then select the amount of days in which a member can choose to delay the start of their membership. Note: the member will be required to enter in their payment information upon signing up, but will not be charged until their membership starts. A member can only purchase one membership. If the member were to "purchase" (2) day-passes, their membership would begin on the second date and they would only be charged for one day-pass.
- If you would like to pass processing fees on to your member, enter these values into the fields labeled Processing fee passed on to members for credit card transactions (up to 2.9%) and Processing fee passed on to members for ACH transactions. You are not able to pass along the $.30 cent fee per transaction to your members at this time. This will show up as a processing fee to members on membership payments, add-ons, reservations, etc. This fee currently does not apply to members who are paying offline.
Example donation page:
- Welcome Message: Enter helpful information for new members such as where to sit and how to find help.
- Wifi Network Name or SSID
- Check if the Network has a password
- If applicable, enter the Wifi Network Password
Hours of Operations
- Set your hours of regular operation.
- In most cases, these are the hours your doors are unlocked. These will also be the hours that Nomad visitors can drop into your space.
- Show members of the Community Member level in the Member Directory? This allows Community Member (non paying members) to also show up publicly in your directory.
- Show members the option to join the Proximity Slack? This invites your members to our Network Slack account where members and managers from all over the world talk coworking.
- Show member the benefits that come directly from Proximity? From time to time, we are able to negotiate benefits for your members as part of being a part of our global network. These benefits will be listed alongside your member benefits and will be labeled as coming from Proximity.
- If you would like your location to show up on the Proximity Network map, check the Show on Proximity Maps button.
- If your space is not yet open, check the Display as Coming Soon button.
- Here you’ll find a code snippet that you may paste into your website to display a map of Proximity Network.
Advanced Meraki Integration - If using Meraki Wifi integration, complete this section.
- Enter your Meraki API Key.
- Select your coworking Network name
- Confirm the Meraki group policy for member level of access.
- Enter the Space Name exactly as you want it to appear in the platform.
- Enter your Website URL.
- Select your Space Category from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your Space Area and select the measuring system you'd like to use. This helps us better understand your needs.
- Enter in your business name to the Address if your space is on Google My Business, if not, proceed to step 3.
- Enter your space’s physical Address, a drop-down will appear.
- You can include an apartment, suite, or building number in the field for Address Line 2 if it's not in the address selected from the drop-down.
- You must select an address from the drop-down, and the software will fill in the City, State, Country, Zip Code, Latitude, Longitude, and Timezone fields automatically.
- Enter your Google Analytics ID. This can be found by logging in to your Google Analytics account.
Looking for page content settings? That's moved to Settings > Brand and Content.
Follow this link for more information on Brand and Content.
- Terms of Service* is what the member is prompted to accept while registering, creating or changing a membership, or when booking a resource. For a sample Terms of Service, reach out to your Proximity Relationship Team member.
- Membership Cancellation Policy* is what the member is prompted to accept while registering. For a sample Cancellation Policy, reach out to your Proximity Relationship Team member.
Note: Any time you make a change to your Terms of Service or Cancellation Policy, your members will be prompted to accept them again next time they log in. Keys on the app will not be accessible until the new ToS has been accepted. You will see a yellow triangle next to member's names in the Member List who have not accepted the new terms.
Additional Check-in Info
Require Agreement when checking-in. Enter a message to members that the members must accept upon checking in on Proximity Wave. (Currently this feature is only available on Wave.) Follow this link for more information on Proximity Wave.
Site Wide Alert
Show alert on all pages? Select this box to have an alert banner at the top of all pages. Fill out the content of the alert, if you'd like to have a button (i.e Learn More) and the link for the button.
The Danger Zone
We hope you never have to use these features, but we all understand emergencies happen and we've designed these features for that reason. These features allow you to lock down your space in the event of an emergency and other critical situations. Please use with care.
Global Door Status:
- When in Lockdown, only managers and owners can unlock doors. All schedules and exceptions are suspended.
Global Membership Status:
- When Paused, all memberships are paused. No new sign-ups, reservations, or transactions are allowed. Once un-paused, all member renewal dates will change - you will have the choice of when that is.