Billing for Members
- The system will automatically bill the member on their renewal date. This will happen every month around the same time of day.
- Billing for members is spread out throughout the day. For example: All members whose renewal dates are 3/15 will be billed before midnight on 3/16.
- The system will automatically attempt to bill the member four times before the member is downgraded to the default membership (community member.)
- After the first failed payment, the system will attempt to charge the member the next day, three days after that, and the final attempt will be three days after that.
- After each failed payment, the invoice will be closed and with each attempt, a new invoice will be generated. You cannot void, remove, or collect payment on a closed invoice.
- If you want to collect payment in between the automatic billing, you will need to change the status of the member from Delinquent to Active and either reset the member's renewal date to the day you want them to be charged or custom charge the member and set their renewal date to the future. Setting their renewal date to the future ensures that the member is not double billed if you custom charge them.
- If you change the member's status from Delinquent to Active, the system will not attempt to bill the member again until their next renewal date.
- If the renewal date is set to the past, the system will automatically attempt to charge the member. When setting a member's status from Delinquent to Active, always change the renewal date to a future date.
- The billing cycle days can be different for members whose default payment source is a bank account. It takes a few days to hear from the bank that a payment has failed and the system will automatically attempt to bill again after getting the payment failure notice from the bank.
The only way to bill members automatically for a non-recurring membership is to assign the membership to the member when you are adding the member to your space (Manage Members > Member List > Add Member) OR have the member sign up for the memberships themselves. Because non-recurring memberships do not have a renewal date, the members will not be billed automatically.
- If you change a member's membership to a non-recurring membership on the backend, the member will not be automatically billed. You can custom charge the member for the non-recurring membership.
- You can also send a join link to new members from any membership so that they can sign up themselves by navigating to Manage Members > Memberships > Select the membership, scroll to the bottom, and copy & past the direct join link.
- If you change a member's membership on the back end, the member will not be automatically billed (until their next renewal date.)
- The best way to have members sign up for memberships will be to have them sign up for the membership themselves. They can upgrade from your home page, or you can send them a direct join link by navigating to Manage Members > Memberships > Select the membership, scroll to the bottom, and copy & past the direct join link.