Onboarding Checklist for Coworking Spaces
All the steps in this checklist can be completed in your admin dashboard. To access the admin dashboard click on the three-line "hamburger icon" in the top left corner of your Proximity portal homepage once you are logged in.
Minimum steps recommended when getting started:
- *Attach Payment Source (Settings > Payment Sources)
- *Connect Stripe account (Settings > Integrations)
- *Agree to Terms
- Add Your Logo
- Add Operation Hours (Settings > General)
- Set up Membership Levels
- Set up Resource Categories
- Set up Meeting Spaces
- Linking Your Proximity Site
*Required to Activate.
Linking Your Proximity Site
- Read how to "link" your Primary Website and Proximity HERE
Manage Members Tab
Manage Reservations Tab
Manage Doors Tab (if using Door Integration)
Set up door schedules & membership key access
(Manage Doors > Schedules > Edit Member Access)
Create membership and reservable resources discounts
Check all applicable boxes
Set hours of operation
Add policies (Terms of Service & cancelation policy)
- Create amenities to display on your homepage
- Brand & Content
- Logos - one light and one dark background
- Colors - two brand colors for buttons
- Photo Gallery - on the homepage
- Site content - my membership page description, lead paragraph for the login screen, resource booking description, custom text for invoices
- (Settings > Emails)
- Customize the "New Membership" Email
- This is the email that users will receive after they register for an account for the first time and become assigned to the default membership type ("Community Member). Here is a template you can use to get started!
- Customize the "Membership Change" Email by membership type (Optional)
- This is the customized email that users will receive when they upgrade to a non-default membership type. Note: If you change the membership for the member on the backend, they will not receive the Membership Change Email.
- This email can be deactivated if desired.
Customize your Proximity Site URL
- This step will change your domain from spacename.proximity.space to members.spacename.com
- Get started here - https://docs.proximity.space/articles/custom-space-domains
- Reach out via Chat, firstname.lastname@example.org, or your Product Specialist to complete this process.
Verify your email sending domain
- This step will verify the domain attached to your email address in (Settings > Emails); when automated emails are sent from the platform to your members they will come from this email address. It's recommended to use an email like email@example.com; members should not be replying to this email address.
- Get started here - https://docs.proximity.space/articles/email-verification
- Connect any of these integrations under (Settings > Integrations)
- Google Calendar
- Active Campaign
- Quickbooks Online
- Looking for Brivo, Salto, or Kisi? Reach out to Support to enable this integration.
Need us to import your members? Let your Product Specialist know@
Last update May 12, 2023 at 9:59am